Welcome to Rose Class – Croeso i Dosbarth Rose
A warm welcome to the Rose Class section of the Maesglas Primary School website. If you are not yet doing so, we would recommend you follow us on Twitter using the @MaesglasPrimary handle. Throughout the week children’s learning is celebrated through Twitter using the #RoseMPS hash tag. If you have any queries please do not hesitate in contacting us via the school office.
We promote using the outdoor environment at every opportunity. During the wetter months, please ensure your child has the appropriate clothing for outdoor activities e.g. wellington boots and a waterproof coat.
During the warmer months, please ensure that your child has a sunhat and that suncream has been applied before school. If children are scheduled to undertake outdoor learning you will be notified via a text message.
Home learning is sent home on Friday and will need to be returned by Wednesday to allow us time to mark and update the books with new challenges. Any home learning submitted after a Wednesday may not be successfully updated in time. The Rose team would like to thank you in advance for your support.
Please ensure your child comes into school on P.E. day wearing their PE kit:
- PE Kit Indoor: Black or Navy Shorts / White Round-Neck T-shirt.
- PE Kit Outdoor: Black or Navy Hooded Sweatshirt /Black or Navy Jogging Bottoms / Trainers.
Please note earrings are not to be worn during PE and must be removed.
Please also encourage your child to bring a named water bottle to school every day so they can have access to water readily.
Please note as a healthy school we are not allowed to give out birthday cake / sweets.
- Ambitious, capable learners, ready to learn throughout their lives.
- Enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work.
- Ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world.
- Healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
Learning will take place inside and outside the classroom with pupil voice at the centre of learning.